Monday, November 20, 2006

Little bit more about Penny...




"So why the alias Pittsburgh Penny? "you may ask. Well, I figured if I am about to do this whole blogging thing, I wanted to be as completely honest as possible. Hence, I needed to come up with an alias. So I figured, I would like my pen name to be catchy as well as have some type of
meaning. Throughout college, my friends always commented that my bank account always looked better than theirs. We all had the same job as RAs, however my $525 a month seemed to stretch longer than theirs. Whereas they had to have the latest styles from the mall, I would buy things online, at TJ Maxx, or at Ross's. I went to school in Knoxville, TN, so the shopping pickings were slim. However, don't be fooled, I looked as jazzy if not jazzier than all of them. Just because you buy things on sale, doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style.

My frugal nature is helping me as now I am starting my career and trying to buy a house. I went to grad school right after undergrad, so I know a little about delayed gratification. So part of the job of this blog is to keep me in check ( believe me, easier said than done!)

No comments: